A project is done when the originator has forgotten about it.
Nonetheless, not having forgotten it, Sabriya's Hope is up for sale on Amazon (Kindle Direct Publishing - KDP) both as an e-book and a paperback. You'll find the link here, along with a few blurbs and character portraits.
Three weeks ago, I posted Sabriya's Hope Writing Journal 15, when I mentioned I was at the proofing stage. Proofing took ten days and involved making hundreds of word, punctuation, and addition and subtraction revisions.
I've long used IngramSpark for my early printing and distribution. Ingram has (perhaps) the largest worldwide distribution system, and for $150 I can plug into that system, although the sales results are always iffy.
Sometimes it takes weeks to get a book through IngramSpark's approval system, especially since the author R E A L L Y is not done with the book and he continues to make changes along the way. (Just forget it, Stan, and move on.)
I won't belabor my love-hate relationship with Amazon. But finally got up the nerve to release Sabriya's Hope on Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP). It's been a couple of years since I tried to send KDP an epub file. Adobe's InDesign will generate the epub from the book files used to create a PDF for printing. But in the past, files created by Adobe's epub conversion software (V3) were rejected by KDP. Thus, part of my reluctance this time around.
Surprise of all surprises, the acceptance and proof of the epub file (V3), and KDP's paperback proofing, took less than an hour, and both are up and ready for sale on Amazon. Link above.
Meanwhile, I'm still waiting on IngramSpark for copies I can sign. You can get on the list at the same link above.
Now, I'm anxious to dig back into finishing up the research (started years ago) and writing my next historical fiction novel, the third of the HOPE TRILOGY: Edith's Hope, a true adventure from a 100-year-old diary.


No comments:
Post a Comment