Sunday, April 28, 2019

The Moral Premise on The Weam Namou Show

Weam Namou (WEE-am NA-moo), one of my students from years ago, continues to write books and make documentaries. She recently asked me to be the Vice President on her non-profit's Board of Directors of a 501(c)(3) she started called Unique Voices in Films. https://uniquevoicesinfilms.org/

I agreed, and now we're in the throes of trying to make a documentary and a feature narrative. One of Weam's geniuses is to conduct a weekly cable TV interview show. It's not that so many people watch it, but that in the process she gets to know dozens of influential people in S.E. Michigan where we both live. Thus, she has a great network.

In helping her on her feature script POMEGRANATE, which I like very much and have agreed to producer for her directorial debut, we went through the story's structure, using the 8-foot tall story diamond I keep behind a door in my office. That her in the picture on the right posting a beat in Act 3.

So, a few weeks ago, she had me on her show a second time to talk just about the Moral Premise. It's below on YouTube.  It's basic, but informative, I think.


No comments: